The Lightning Strikes series
The Lightning Strikes series aims to encourage a love of reading in children aged 9-13 years. These modern, catchy books will appeal to a new generation of readers demanding fast-paced stories with plenty of variety. An ideal addition to any school reading program, the series has many stylistic features and plot lines that can be studied and explored.
- Short chapters – perfect for guided reading sessions
- Non-threatening, easy-to-read type with plenty of white space
- Text interspersed with graphics and informal text types
- Contemporary look matched with contemporary stories
- Topics and themes full of humour
- A variety of different genres
- Perfect stepping stone into more complex fiction
- Appeal for both boys and girls
- Written by Australian and New Zealand authors.
Each title also has accompanying Classroom Ideas that are available to download.
Build up a great collection of authors, stories and genres over time with this fantastic series. With more stories being released every year, this series will encourage and develop further reading.